I changed the repair kit so that after you use it, it will automatically go back to your inventory instead of dropping on the ground and ending up somewhere you can't reach like behind walls.
I studied the engine and determined that the visual crash only happens when you try to change visuals on certain suits that cannot be attached to older version 5 models and has nothing to do with the engine itself.
I have also determined that the memory crash after playing awhile is the transient script loader which is not releasing scripts that are no longer needed to make room for new ones, fix will be in the 64 bit version to be released this summer.
I now recommend that you do not use texture packs as they are out of date. I, with the help of a few others have improved many textures as well as recalibrated the shaders and details. I recommend that you try the default first and decide. You will need to go to your PDA and send a message to the network to get the shader settings set to the new details: type in 'reset all'.
what this does is to set the environment to match my shaders and detail depth.
Remember too that you can change the color temperature in shadersettings.txt, default is neutral (natural) color but you can also choose dim (washed out like DKZ) or bright which is more like LA although not so ridiculously high.
I examined the OGSE version of the engine (ver 0664 rus) to see what they may have fixed and found that it is the same as my build with just some dll hooks changed, big whoop..
Sure would be nice if they or others would work together in one consortium to improve the engine but so far I have found doors to be shut tightly, to bad..
I have created special characters that I refer to as SurraBOTS, these npc act as normal npc except that they can be occupied by remote players. The idea is to allow the BOT to make decisions in situations where the remote player is idle or offline temporarily, this keeps the action going all the time.
The other thing I do differently is the network communication technique. It involves a constant stream from my server that carries all the action, remote players only send packets to my collector servers which route it to my streamer. Tests are showing lag times of no more than 1/30 a second no matter how many players there are. There is a limit to the number of players in a group though as the engine can only render so many npc at a time.
We are almost at 100% localization! This means that all text will be in one place and a real multi-language game can be created, so far I have: French, Russian (and variations), Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese and Hungarian translations being worked on.
There are many other things that will be in 109984 which should be out in the next few days.
New game NOT required.
All users should update.
Fixed actor factions.
More quest fixes and tweaks.
Added several more articles and PDA descriptions.
Fixed parent check for artifacts and weapons.
More localization and dialog improvements.
Added and improved icons and some HUD textures (thanks aleks1970).
Added more content to level-up 2.
Hi all, it seems some have been having trouble with the installer. This has been fixed and the new V2 installer is now available.
All new downloads are available in the Download section.
If anyone has any other issues please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi all, it seems some have been having trouble with the installer. This is my fault, as i didn't take into account the 7-Zip dll's on my testbed.
To remedy this, i will be re-uploading a fixed version of the installer, but in the meantime, problems should be temporarily solved by downloading and installing 7-Zip PRIOR to install. 7-Zip can be found HERE
OK STALKERS, everything is ready to go, and the installer is ready for download!
Please keep in mind that the website is still in its growing phases
All files are available in the Download section....so until the next update, enjoy!